Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's Been Way Too Long

I honestly don't even know where to begin. Time is getting away from me. Let's see- the past month. The boys had their first birthday which was a hit. They went to a football game on their birthday, we spent the night at Rada's and had the party there. We kept it small with just the immediate family. It was so much fun and the boys had a great time ripping their presents open. They really loved their cake and decided to wear a lot of it. After cake time they enjoyed a dip in the baby pool to rinse off the cake!!! We all had a great time and I can't believe they are one. They are both almost 22 pounds and love to eat big people food. They both have 7 teeth which they choose to bite each other with. Blaine always has marks all over his arms from Christian. Boys will be boys!!! Christian is enjoying the grass a little more while Blaine loves it. Not sure where Christian gets that.
Abby update- she is reading the Magic Treehouse Books for the AR (accelerated reader) program at her school. It is a national program where the students take tests after they read a book and earn points and it also 'grades' them on what grade-level they are at. She is at a 2.8 (2nd grade 8th month) level!!! We are so proud of her!!!!!! I had a parent- teacher conference and she said Abby is at the top of her class in both reading and math. She is growing up!!!
For my big 30th birthday- we went to Metcalf Bottoms (in the Smokies) with my mom, Rada and John. We had an awesome picnic and all the kids played in the creek. It was wonderful!!!! It didn't take long for Abby to get wet- I always like to make a bet to see how long it will take!!! She is my outdoor girl!!! I hope to post more pics later on.
School is somewhat stressful due to the fact that I have 3 preps!!! Also- Ben has started working evenings as soon as I get home he leaves for work. We will make it though!!! We just keep thanking God for all that he has blessed us with!!!

No comments: