Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My first post at my new job!


Christian
Blaine

It is hard to believe that it has been two months already since I switch from a full time Pharmacy job to a full time stay at home dad! Beth has adjusted for the most part to working again, well other than getting up in the morning to get ready on time. I will get a routine in
place and then the boys will decide to change theirs again. We have now started vegetables at supper with them along with rice cereal and fruit. Since starting this they have started sleeping from 10pm ish until we wake them up around 6am for Beth to feed them before leaving for school. They were waking up around 4:30-5am. So we are developing a new routine again.
I knew that this would be a hard job and it is. I start the day hoping to accomplish a lot and
then the boys wake up! Sometimes it works out and most of the time is doesn't but i am
learning to shorten the to do list to a more manageable size.
I have gotten a lot better at cooking dinner every
day and have been learning to cook more than spaghetti and hamburger helper! Things like
Manwich, macaroni and cheese, and chicken nuggets! Just kidding, those where actually on the
previous list. I have made fried chicken, breakfast(pancakes, bacon and eggs) and hibachi
chicken which includes making the fried rice and the sweet and tangy white sauce!
(aka Kobe sauce, Hibachi sauce, shrimp sauce etc.) I also gave fried
pickles a try,... they need some work. Youtube is great for learning pretty much anything.
I will continue to increase my cooking knowledge.
The laundry and dishes seem to occupy the rest of my time during the day. Between bottles
and our dishes the dishwasher runs almost twice everyday. That will improve some with the
boys eating more than just formula.
The laundry, however,...well that will just get worse I imagine. It was just about endless without
the boys and is now always behind. Most 6 month olds, drool.......a Lot! Add spit up and the
ability to pee out of what is still a dry diaper and you get a lot of dirty clothes, then multiply that
by 2! You get the picture.
All in all it is a daily adventure that I would not trade for anything in the world. Even when
they are both screaming bloody murder, and boy can they, it beats any other job out there.
The boys are becoming more and more interactive and coordinated every day. Everything in
hand automatically goes to their mouths of course. Both get up on their hands and knees and
rock, Blaine more so than Christian, but no actual crawling yet. Blaine will put one hand forward
and then roll over, which is fine by me. They roll all over the place and usually in opposite
directions of course! Each can scooch forward a little. If they see something they want they
will get it by rolling or creeping.
Each of the boys found their feet about a week or so ago. They will grab, play with and chew on
them some. They both try really hard to sit up and can from a slightly inclined position but lack
the balance to stay upright still. They both giggle and laugh especially when Abby is acting for
them! They love their big sister.
No new milestones yet though. No teeth, or full crawling, but on the verge of both and they will
be the next ones I imagine. I will let you all know when they do.
I will try to keep the blog updated more often than every two months. Beth did a great job
with it and will probably still post. I will probably write about more than just the babies and
Abby. I may actually start a different blog for other things since this is The Mooney Family Blog.
Sorry this has gotten so long. Catching up a little and if it seems unorganized I have started and
stopped typing this about 50 times over 3 hours or so.

No comments: